I have been meaning to post something, but my free time has been taken up lately. During the day I am a mild-mannered school marm, but during the night I have taken up saving the world from brain-washing agents who have been preying on groups of people. Apparently the brain-washers convince the targets that they are in fact someone else, gather them in droves, and ...
I'm not sure what happens next. That's when I wake up.
I'm hoping this isn't symbolic, but to blamed on too many potatoe chips before bedtime.
My aunt sent her annual "YearInReview" letter out this week. She was in attendance at the W.O.W. conference Women's Ecumenical Conference in Ottawa this summer - the one where some women were going to be ordained, until his unholiness Benedict the last threatened hell fire and brimstone, and said not only would the ordinations not happen (if only he'd said, over his dead body...) but that women are not to think about it, talk about it or fantasize about it again. Sorry. That's my summary of events at the end - anyway, my aunt, a participant in these earth-wobbling events, says NOT A WORD about the brouhaha, but changes the subject and devotes the next paragraph to having her driver's licence renewed for two years.
This is NOT how good history books get written.
If you haven't read Bryson's Short History of Everything, you have missed a fascinating and hilarious book. I laughed out loud a lot. But it is sobering too (not that I'd been drinking) - one realizes how fragile our planet really is. Read it.
No earthquakes where I am this week - but mine caveins in Kentucky, terrible car accidents elsewhere in the province, and incredible weather situations elsewhere in the world. Hold on - we're in for a bumpy year.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
potatoe chips???? mine caveins??? (as opposed to mike cavins?) mild-mannered? many concerning points in this blog. thank god the days are getting longer.
Take it easy Snades, it's not like she teaches kids to read good and write gooder.
ps Karl Scheele is now my hero. I want to emulate him in everything.
Post a Comment