Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Drugs Help

So I had a new experience on Tuesday. My first kidney stone! Yeeeeouch. I have to say that the professionals at our local hospital were fantastic. And no hour-long wait in limbo. In, examined, and blessedly on morphine - not quite as quickly as I would have liked, but I wasn't on a stretcher in a hallway. In fact, I had a really nice little private room, one of the emergency examining rooms, for the night. Everyone was cheery, helpful, and efficient.

So now to keep more kidney stones from happening. Because believe me, there's no pain like it. I'd rather shoot a nail through my foot or hand with the nail gun.

Also had my first CT scan, in the new doughnut machine. So much nicer than one of those tunnel ones. Donate to your local hospital, folks. Health care is expensive, but so much nicer than than being left to expire at the side of the road. (Speaking about the side of road, to those people whose house I puked in front of, sorry. I hope the rain washes away the evidence.)

Drink cranberry juice!

1 comment:

Puffer said...

morphine makes me feel like i am floating
i wish i knew you were in the hospital
i like taking band-aids
is some kid stealing thing i have...