So in a few short days the summer will be over. It has been busy. And surprisingly, there has been some decent weather. The big difference to last summer is that my back wasn't wrecked the whole time. But - it could be, but I work slower.
Had a good time at the anniversary party last month. Saw lots of the rellies that I hadn't seen since Suzanne's wedding. God, are we all getting old... Drove Dad all around the Lower Mainland, but it was hard work with the heat and the traffic. Snarls everywhere. And then, didn't make the trip home as planned, as I had a "stone incident" minutes before we were due to leave. Which entailed a second trip to Vancouver to pick up the truck and come back on the ferry, but it also involved going to more stores and spending more money! The good merchants of Kerrisdale were happy to see us arrive.
Back to The Congo on Sunday; Pablo and I are off to school together. Nicci was supposed to come too, but got hooped with bank problems. Crappity crap crap crap. Weather isn't supposed to be great in Vancouver, but I think we'll manage to get out a bit.
I have lots of new techno tools - bought a Mac laptop, which is down south at the moment but will be returning with me; and a new cell phone. I hate cell phones. I hate the delay - it augments my hearing difficulties. But it's for emergencies. What is an emergency? Ordering pizza? Calling a cab?
Oh summer, when you are here, can school opening be far behind?
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment