
Another Thanksgiving, thankfully spent with good friends. Thankfully there was food to eat, good food, and enough to fill us. Thankfully there were no wars declared, no hurricanes, no earthquakes. My partner asked me what I was thankful for. It is a hard one to answer, because there is so much.
Today I decided to be thankful for a lot of people. I also decided to be gender specific. Bridget, Ellen R., Mary, Celia, Ellen O., Alice, Anna and Margaret, thank you for your lives, and your contributions to creating your great-great granddaughter, Elizabeth. You put up with leaving your homes in Europe, crossing the ocean, and carving out new homes in lands that had not known permanent settlement. You endured diseases, accidents, catastrophe and loss, so that Elizabeth can enjoy the perks of 21st century life.
On my side, I want to thank my great-grandmother, Marie Rasmine Sorensen. I don't know too much about her yet, but someday I will.
2 comments:
I am thankful that you finally got around to blogging again. Always a gift...
Very cool picture
I always wonder about my relatives
Post a Comment