Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Boring as Usual

This is one of the most stressful weeks of the year for me. I like to think that I'm okay with stress, but my back and my stomach tell me otherwise. Mostly, I'm afraid that that "you have the blood pressure of a person half your age" diagnosis is shot all to hell. I can't imagine trying to run a war, except that when I got really frustrated I could shoot people. Heh heh.

On Saturday I get to draw a big black line through this stuff, but that still leaves a few big projects on my list to complete by the end of June. Where did May go??

In my next life I am going to be a seagull and sail around sightseeing and crapping on people. I already warned my students, to be expecting a "surprise" at some point in the future. That will be me, I told them, saying, "Don't you wish you'd turned in that assignment on time???"

I am getting rid of my banjo in the garage sale. Should I get rid of my bass and 12-string guitar too??? I never play anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your back sure did decide to tell you to stop today. Hope the meds help you feel good enough to come to school and stress out on Friday.

Puffer said...

Can I put stuff in your garage sale?

Snades said...

You need a vacation. Once again, you did a stellar job and those of us who know what you do are grateful beyond words.

Meanwhile, can I put stuff in your garage sale too? I love a garage sale.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I meant to ask you about the garage sale today too. I've got a lot of stuff to get rid of. We can advertise it as the Big Gay Garage Sale.