We drove up to Kitwanga on Sunday to check out some property. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the digital camera and so have no photos. It was a gorgeous day and the trees turning colour were truly magnificent but you'll all just have to imagine it.
The property was, well, property. On the way home, we were yakking on about things educational (!) and stuff, and talking about a conference E had just been to, and we started inventing a number of highly apt words that described things in the ed. world. Along the lines of Stephen Colbert's "truthiness". You know, like we currently live no longer in the modern, or even post-modern, world, but have moved instead into the Kaosian world that will eventually become post-automobilian when the oil sources run out... and there was more really good stuff, we were laughing maniacally, but you think we can remember them now???
(Aside: E, your job as copilot is to take better notes. We could have been rich.)
I am thinking of outsourcing the essays I should be marking. There has to be someone in Bombay who would mark all 30 of the suckers for twenty bucks. Ooops, I mean, Mumbai. Were the Europeans really such bad listeners? How does Beijing sound like Peking? Sri Lanka like Ceylon? Kolkata like Calcutta? Iqaluit like Frobisher Bay?????????
So, no land in Kitwanga for us. We will keep looking. Or not. And trying to remember what the hell we invented on the drive.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment