Hello there sports fans. Seems like life caught up and held me captive for a while. Nonetheless, as a summation to my now long-ago Spring Break, I bring you the culminating event: Disneyland.
Now, I'm not entirely a huge Disney fan. Some of his cartoons are just weird (Fantasia) not to mention now politically incorrect (Song of the South). The modern ones are drawn oddly - too square or boxy for my liking. However, Disneyland still retains a bit of magic - everybody there is actually having a pretty good time, except for the little kid we saw who had lost his family and was crying. In a mall, I'd be worried. At Disneyland, there are so many people keeping an eye on things, it wouldn't take long to find them.
It's clean. It's busy. We were walking quickly along Main Street, trying to beat the crowd to the Peter Pan ride (yeah, pathetic, okay) it was sunset, there was happy music playing, I felt like I was in my own Disney movie. It's a far smaller place than I remembered it being, but they make good use of the space. We got onto the rides we wanted, some more than once, we had our picture taken, and we enjoyed the fact that, in Anaheim at least, it was spring, trees and flowers were in blossom, it was warm, and we didn't have to do any work.
It will probably be some time before we do Disneyland again, and I'm okay with that. But it was a good trip, and since we came back only to be caught up almost immediately in a big freakin' snow storm, I'm glad we did it.
1 comment:
I was the 5 year old at Disneyland lost. Winnie the Pooh found me. They actually have a cool system. I went back there in Grade 12. I loved it.
I like a world where Mickey Mouse is in charge.
Post a Comment