So my back is finally feeling "normal" after a full month of not being able to bend, lift or do much of anything. It has been a drag. The work on the room is going s..l..o..w..l..y as a result. And still so few days of sun! Aaagh!
It struck me the other day that this has been a terrible year for many women of my acquaintance. Since last September, Debbie W., Paul's sister Jeanne, Betty's mom Gladys, my aunt Lou, Graham's mom Candy, a woman E knew in the Nass, Charlene, and Lee Scherck, a former colleague, have all died. Only Gladys and Lee were over 60. Four died of cancer; one was age, and an other alcohol related.
On a less depressing note, a new member of the extended family was baptised this past weekend, in the same church where many of us were baptized, married and eulogized (not at the same time, necessarily). That makes 5 generations. Not bad in this day and age.
On a related note, I see via the Vancouver Sun that Hubert O'Connor died - a former bishop of Prince George (hence Prince Rupert) who resigned in 1991 after some scandal, but the details elude me at the moment. I met the guy a couple of times when he came out to do confirmations. I'm afraid that I think all priests/bishops/cardinals are slimy. I'm not a DaVinci Code believer, but still I distrust the motives of all involved in the Catholic Church hierarchy.
Tomorrow begins August. Hope things warm up (not too much).
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment