Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Oh You Kidder

Hey Sang-froid, why are you always so negative and grumbly, I hear you ask.

Well, my petite choufleur, it's because I'm a hybrid of many negative and grumbly ethnicities. Over the years, we have become too weak and inbred to actually do anything substantiative, like leading a revolution - so instead we engage in what the Irish so poetically call "whinging."

I like to think I am particularly skilled in this area.

In fact, were I to summon up enough energy, I could become a modern leader of my people - and we could bludgeon our way through the masses of inferiors and raise a new nationstate of negative and grumbly people. I would be Grand Grumbler. Pablo could be my Minister of Moodiness. Snades could run the Department of Arbitrary Punishments and Petty Repercussions. We would force all the Happy People to live together in crowded, filthy conditions on a small island, where they could keep their spirits up by leading group sing-a-longs. Yeah, that would make us happy...

I don't know. Maybe I don't get enough Vitamin C.

Term One Haiku

Marking yet to do
Semester end approaching
Don't really care much...

1 comment:

jl said...

please don't tell me your nationstate will require a passport... i want to go, and i am so sick of paperwork...
your haiku would be my mantra, had i enough energy to repeat it more than once...
j.