So according to researchers somewhere in the world (I heard this on the CBC, so it must be true), male mice "sing" to females when they are "in the mood." Of course, this is done at a frequency that defies human hearing, so none of us are distracted.
Isn't it sweet to think that these little rodents, and presumably others of their ilk, are busily serenading their future sweethearts - okay, more like one-night-stands, but let's romantise a bit. And for all these years we've thought that those little guys in Disney's Cinderella were but flights of animator fancy! Mickey's falsetto isn't to be scoffed at after all!
Personally, I'd like to know what tunes these guys hum. Maybe we can put out a "greatest hits" album; and then get the "Three Blind Mice" tour happening, in competition with those annoying human tenors. Perhaps there could be some collaboration on an "Extremes in Music" concert, including whales at the upper end of the mammalian spectrum and the wee mousies at th'other. The possibilities are ... well, many.
Could a male mouse "sing" his way through a maze on the way to his intended?? I feel a science project coming on...
Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think they are all singing the theme from Mighty Mouse.
Here I am to save the day,
Mighty Mouse is on his way.
Come to put you in the family way,
My genes are best by far I'd say.
Post a Comment