Friday, July 18, 2008

End of the Week

Here it is Friday already. The week went by in blur - we had our first dinner party on Tuesday. My brothers and sisters-in-law came and for the first time in my adult life I was able to host them at the same time. We had a great salmon dinner - the fish was from the Nass River, purchased at Granville Island - on our new barbecue. We all fit around the table, which was the crucial thing.

Wednesday was fairly uneventful. We just kind of hung around after cleaning up. I stopped eating in preparation for yesterday's adventure.

Yesterday, I went to VGH and got my stone blasted. It was a relatively short procedure, just lots of sitting around. Thankfully everything went according to plan, and I am pain-free. A little tender, maybe, but that's all.

So today's plan is to tidy up a bit, and head out to Richmond to pick up some last odds and ends. The Dad arrives at 5; have to make sure A. gets him to the Highliner! (Of course you will, won't you???) He thinks Bert is going to be lonely. Maybe. It's only for five days.

Tomorrow, the wilds of Alderbush and south Surrey. Sunday and Monday, who knows. Tuesday, back up island, Wednesday, back on the ferry. I could really stay down here longer - I'm enjoying the sun and the dry! But there are things to do. And I do miss my Bert.

So - off to enjoy what are rapidly becoming our last few days in the Big City.

1 comment:

Puffer said...

i am glad ur stone got blasted
i wonder if i can blast my brain