Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Overwhelmed by Technology

The thing I hate about computers is that the hard drive that I want to access is always on the computer that I'm not currently using. Here I am, all prepared to post some pics of the hardworking bunch of us Masters students, and of course, they're on my other computer. Why do I have more than one computer, you are asking???

I believe in conspicuous consumption. It is important to have more cars than one can drive simultaneously, more computers than one can sit at, and more saws than one has fingers to cut off.

So I'll try again later. It will be a while. I'm off tomorrow to the Big Smoke to unveil my ignorance publicly yet again. It may be only because I'm aware of my limited intellectual powers that I'm not Supreme Dictator of the Planet Earth. If I wasn't so aware of my limitations, I'd probably go for it.

For the first time ever, I ran my wallet through the laundry accidentally tonight. That doesn't mean that I usually do it on purpose. I don't. The saddest part is that there wasn't any cash in it to launder, just credit cards. Maybe now they won't have any germs on them???

I should be in a study on sleep deprivation. Why waste all this fatigue for nothing?? But the Dadroom is ready - except for the closet doors, which have to be trimmed because of the new carpet, but maybe I'll just get new ones instead... and the curtains haven't gone up because the new curtain rod hasn't arrived... so okay, it's not really ready, but it beats a tent in the back yard.

1 comment:

Snades said...

All will be well. Dad will love the room, the cats will love Dad, the smart people in the big smoke will look at each other in wonderment at your genius when you speak. And you will come home and hopefully have just a teensy little rest before ... you know...it all starts again