Friday, July 07, 2006

Survivor

I have just returned from a trip into primal latrine terror. You can see the area where I suffered this excruciating experience at www.adventurecamp.ca The pictures don't really do justice. We had superb weather except for the morning we left. The trip back to the Alliford Bay ferry was not without small mishaps and then it poured on us in Charlotte for a few hours before we caught the Queen of Prince Rupert. The trip across was okay, and it even stopped raining - until we docked in Prince Rupert.

So I survived that part of the summer. Just another week to get through and the essay to get written. Field research to complete this fall, an oral exam on my field research and a portfolio presentation to get through and I will have completed this Master's program. Oh so close.

What I really need is about 3 days of sleep.

Andrew caught 3 mice in empty applecider jugs - truly a better mousetrap. We released them into the wild. The Mosquito airplanes produced during WWII were so called because they were made of spruce felled at Mosquito Lake where the camp is. The mosquitos are still there - the biting type.

No one died.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I'm glad to hear that you weren't voted off the island. As soon as I saw the name Mosquito Lake, I started itching. I hope the mosquito net worked for you.

paul

Snades said...

Missed you. And I worried that you would not be able to survive the great outdoors. Or your fellow outdoorspeople. But apparently you did. Glad for that.